2021 PREA ESG Momentum Award
To recognize improvement in ESG practices and outcomes, and/or innovative approaches
to ESG issues among open- and closed-end real estate funds.
Please read the points below carefully. A submission to PREA applying for the PREA ESG Momentum Award will be taken to mean the applicant has read, understood, and acknowledged all of the points below and agrees to all terms. For more information please contact ESGawards@prea.org.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the 2021 PREA ESG Momentum Award, the fund must have submitted an application for either the 2021 PREA Open-End Fund ESG Award or the 2021 PREA Closed-End ESG Award.
- Submission instructions: There is no separate application for this award. Applicants for the PREA Open-End Fund ESG Award and the PREA Closed-End ESG Award will be given the opportunity to indicate if they would also like to be considered for this award.
- Judging criteria: The winner of the PREA ESG Momentum Award will be determined based on an expert panel’s rating of the improvement and/or innovation demonstrated in the fund’s ESG program based on the answers provided to the questions from the application form for either the PREA Open-End Fund ESG Award or the PREA Closed-End Fund ESG Award. The judging panel will be made up of individuals with expertise in the area appointed by PREA. The decision on a winner is final.
- The award will be presented at the PREA Spring Conference in March 2021.
- By submitting an application, applicants agree that, should they win, PREA has permission to use the name of the fund and name of the managing firm in announcing and promoting the award, both to PREA members via live events, email, and the PREA website, and to the press.
- By submitting an application, applicants agree that, should they win, they will work with PREA staff to develop a concise description of the materials in their application which can be highlighted on PREA’s website as an example of ESG best practices. (The materials can be amended during the editing process to exclude any information not meant for public dissemination).
- PREA reserves the right to not present an award in any particular year if the judging panel deems that no applications received that year are worthy of the award, or for any other reason at the discretion of PREA.